Remember the good old days when drinking in the workplace was a common thing. Executives had bars in their offices and often offered a drink of Scotch to those they were meeting with. That was back before we became a much softer version of ourselves. With Fast Lane Lifestyle Magazine we’re kind of old school like that.
We’ve compiled a list of reasons why we happen to think that drinking in the workplace can be a good idea. Of course this is something that can only work in offices. Don’t want your neurosurgeon drinking on their job, though they’re probably already pretty hammered anyway or cops for that matter. But for the rest of those who have mind-numbing office jobs, here’s a few great reasons to allow drinking in the workplace…
1. It’s an incentive to show up.
2. It reduces stress
3. It leads to more honest communications.
4. It reduces complaints about low pay.
5. It cuts down on time off because you can work with a hangover.
6. Employees tell management what they think, not what management wants to hear.
7. It helps save on heating costs in the winter.
8. It encourages carpooling.
9. Increases job satisfaction because if you have a bad job you don’t care.
10. It eliminates vacations because people would rather come to work.
11. It makes fellow employees look better.
12. It makes the cafeteria food taste better.
13. Bosses are more likely to hand out raises when they have had a couple of drinks.
14. Salary negotiations are a lot more profitable.
15. Most models are a lot more fun to shoot when they’ve been drinking